Sunday, December 2, 2012

“Be passionate about what you write, believe in your ability to convey timeless ideas, and let no one tell you what you’re capable of.” -Christina Westover

First impressions, first blog posts and first lines are the most important, or so it seems. Every advice blog I read pounds my head with the fact that if your first line stinks, so does your book. Probably, why I have a folder full of stories that have never been started. Today, I found my first line. I wish I could know how it happened. I wish I could write down how I do it. But soon, I'll be stuck again without the ability to recreate the process. That's life, I guess.

I'm still having trouble fleshing out my story. I don't know whether they should have superpowers or not. If they do, how they get them, how they use them. To sum it up, I have a lot of work to do.

Forever Swamped,
  Autumn

No comments:

Post a Comment